top of page

ALL POSTS

- Arkansas, USA -


~ Update: July 24, 2022


On Monday, July 18, JERRI MICHELLE BEYARD (pictured) appeared in Benton County Circuit Court for her arraignment on felony animal cruelty charges.

BEYARD entered a plea of not guilty and will be back in Court on September 12, 2022, for her pretrial hearing.


My Arklamiss reports that a criminal information sheet filed on July 15, by Prosecuting Attorney Nathan Smith and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Thomas Gean, charged BEYARD with aggravated animal cruelty, stating, “To Wit: On and between, September 2021 and May 2022, the Defendant did knowingly torture three dogs when she abandoned them in a house, and did not give them any food or water, until the dogs eventually died.”





~ Original story:


On May 7, the bodies of three deceased dogs were found in a home on 1203 W. Linda Lane after they had been abandoned without food and water for months.


The property manager went to check on the property because the tenant had not paid rent for several months and he believed the occupant had abandoned the home.


The tenant was identified as 39-years-old JERRI MICHELLE BEYARD (pictured), a former Rogers Police Officer.


Rogers police responded to the scene and the property manager told them that when he went into the home, he discovered two dead dogs.

He then said that he hadn’t been in contact with BEYARD since January.


The responding officer spoke to neighbors who said they had not seen BEYARD in four months.


The officer took pictures of the two dogs who were extremely decomposed.


A detective with Rogers Police and the property manager returned to the property two days later and found a third dead do, who was also extremely decomposed, locked in a cage.


On May 10, a Rogers Police Sergeant conducted a “non-custodial” interview with BEYNARD, reports KNWA. BEYNARD admitted to abandoning her three dogs in the residence “without food or water from September 2021, until the discovery of their bodies on May 7, 2022.”


Detectives asked her why she didn't go back to the home to get her dogs, even after they died.

She responded she didn't want to think about it at all.


BEYARD was arrested on Wednesday, May 19, on three felony counts of aggravated cruelty to a dog, cat, or horse and booked into the Benton County Jail.


Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette reports that prosecutors haven't filed any formal charges against her.


Online arrest records show BEYARD was released on May 20, after posting a $15,000 bond.

On June 27, 2022, BEYARD will face Judge Brad Karren in Benton County Circuit Court for her arraignment.


Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette reports that the affidavit states BEYARD was no longer an officer but was employed by the Police Department in a civilian capacity.


Voice For Us Disclaimer: This story is sourced from official news outlets. Links included.

Details may be removed or additional information may be provided in future should such sources report an update.





 
 
 

- Virginia, USA -



~ Update: June 22, 2022


On Tuesday, June 21, a judge in Halifax County District Court dismissed felony animal cruelty charges against 33-years-old ANDREW ALAN DEASE (pictured).


DEASE was arrested on Tuesday, April 12, on two felony charges of animal cruelty after his two dogs died after being dragged behind a vehicle for approximately three miles.


WSET reports that Halifax County Commonwealth's Attorney Tracy Martin said DEASE described the dragging of the dogs as an accident and she said: “He told the judge that he had beencoon huntingwith a friend. He placed his hunting dogs inside a largedog boxin the bed of his pickup truck and tied them there as well. He said the latch on the box door was faulty, allowing the dogs to jump out. He testified that he was unaware while he was driving that the dogs had tried to escape. He testified that, only when he stopped at a friend’s house, did he realize the dogs had been dragged.”


The judge found that DEASE had no intent to harm the dogs and that his actions were accidental.


Martin explained that “The animal cruelty statute requires proof that the defendant actedwillfullyin inflicting inhumane injury or pain.”


In this case, the Court found that DEASE “lacked the requisite criminal intent in that he did not willfully intend the tragic end to his companion animals.”


Voice For Us wants to add that COMMON SENSE requires that if you have dogs in the bed of your truck, (by the way, I am TOTALLY against it), you regularly check on them through your mirrors. I do not believe for a second that DEASE never looked at his mirrors.

He knew what he was doing, and the idiot and cruel judge need to be dragged themselves!!!





~ Original story:


On March 29, Lt. Midkiff and Officer Emerman with Halifax County Animal Control responded to Lowery Road for a report of two deceased dogs on the side of the road.


Animal Control Chief Catherine Martinette told The Gazette-Virginian that from an investigation it emerged that 33-years-old ANDREW ALAN DEASE (pictured) was the furbabies’ guardian and that he dragged them both behind a vehicle for approximately three miles on Lowery Road. He then just “discarded” them, said Chief Martinette.


The VOICELESS VICTIMS were sent to the State Animal Health Laboratory in Harrisonburg for a necropsy to determine cause of death.


DEASE, of Semora, North Carolina, was arrested on Tuesday, April 12, on two felony charges of animal cruelty. He was released after posting a $3,500 bond.


His next court date is set for June 21, 2022.


If convicted, DEASE faces up to only five years in prison and a fine of up to only $2,500 as per “Tommie’s Law.”


Many of you may be aware of “Tommie’s Law” which went into effect into July 1, 2019, making animal cruelty a felony offense.


Under “Tommie’s Law”, anyone who “tortures, willfully inflicts inhumane injury or pain,” or “cruelly and unnecessarily beats, maims or mutilates any dog or cat” can be found guilty of a Class-6 felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500.


Voice For Us Disclaimer: This story is sourced from official news outlets. Link included.

Details may be removed or additional information may be provided in future should such sources report an update.







 
 
 

- South Dakota, USA -



~ Update: August 7, 2022


On Wednesday, August 3, 2022, at the Lawrence County Courthouse in Deadwood, 52-years-old THOMAS L. MRAZ (pictured), was sentenced to four years in the Lawrence County Jail with no chance of parole.


MRAZ had been arrested in October 2020, after more than 30 dogs were seized from his Whitewood property. At the time, MRAZ had been charged with a total of 31 counts of animal neglect and cruelty to animals for starving his dogs. Sadly, authorities also found dead puppies on his property.


As reported by KEVN, MRAZ’s sentence will be served concurrently with a four-year sentence in a Meade County rape case.


Lawrence County States Attorney John Fitzgerald told KEVN: “He’ll actually parole out before he served his complete jail sentence here in Lawrence County so he will be returned to the Lawrence County Jail to finish his four years sentence.”


After MRAZ is released from the Meade County Jail, he will serve his remaining time in the Lawrence County Jail.





~ Update: July 1, 2022


On Thursday, June 30, in Lawrence County Fourth Circuit Court, 52-years-old THOMAS L. MRAZ (pictured) changed his plea and in a plea agreement he pleaded guilty to only 12 Misdemeanor “counts of animal cruelty ... neglect ... mistreatment, or abandonment”, reports KEVN.


Attorney Joe Kosel was in court representing the nonprofit Western Hills Humane Society and rightfully objected to the plea agreement.

He said that MRAZ should be held to his original 26 counts of animal neglect and five Felony counts of animal cruelty.


According to KEVN, Mr. Kosel said: “We really believe that there was sufficient evidence to move forward for conviction...for felony conviction with these events. Oftentimes historically those felony convictions get a lot more attention, not only from the public, but it is also more serious to the court. My presence in court today was to underscore the fact that there is a very large segment of our population that would like to see these charges prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”


MRAZ will be back in court on August 4, 2022, for sentencing.




~ Update: March 2, 2021


KOTA TV reports that on Thursday, February 25, in Fourth Judicial Circuit Court, 50-year-old THOMAS L. MRAZ (pictured below), entered a not guilty plea to 26 counts of animal neglect and five counts of felony animal cruelty.


Animal neglect is a Class 1 misdemeanor punishable by one year in jail, a $2,000 fine or both. Animal cruelty is a Class 6 felony with a maximum sentence of two years in prison, a $4,000 fine or both.


MRAZ is scheduled to appear in court for these charges on April 1, 2021.


Voice For Us Disclaimer: This story is sourced from official news outlets. Links included.

Details may be removed or additional information may be provided in future should such sources report an update.




~ Original story:


50-year-old THOMAS L. MRAZ (pictured below), has been charged with a total of 31 counts of animal neglect and cruelty to animals for starving his dogs.


The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office received a report about neglected dogs and responded to MRAZ’s property in Whitewood.


KOTA ABC NEWS reports that according to the warrant issued by the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office, the property was overrun with the neglected dogs.


On the property there was a van and inside deputies discovered “Very skinny and malnourished” dogs with four dead puppies.

One appeared to have been partially eaten.


The van was covered in urine and feces, and there was evidence the dogs had eaten the seat cushions.


There was no dog food.


Other puppies were found in a freezer.


Police said that MRAZ told them he couldn’t bury the dogs because other dogs would dig up the carcasses and eat them.


The report also mentioned that deputies noted strong odors of feces and urine from vehicles and buildings on the property.


Deputies did not notice any food or water for the dogs.


A total of 35 dogs were seized from the property on October 13.


The furbabies, vary in age and are mixes of Redbone Coonhounds and Rottweilers combined with some Pitbull.


They have all been placed in the care of the Western Hills Humane Society.


Ms. Jennifer McCambridge, senior kennel tech at the shelter, said: “Some of them are very sweet, and some are very terrified, but they’ve never been trained, and they haven’t had a whole lot of human interaction, some are starving for it some are scared of it.”


She detailed some of the furbabies’ conditions and said: “Jack had a blind eye and paralyzed rear legs, Maya's snout was possibly infected from the porcupine quills, and Fredo was malnourished while caring for her six puppies in a bath tub inside an abandoned trailer.”


Ms. McCambridge also said that there’s been a lot of inbreeding in these dogs due to their deformed feet and added that the dogs aren’t yet ready to be fostered or adopted due to their medical needs and the open court case.


When MRAZ was questioned by a detective and a deputy, he said he did not know why he has dogs living in the van and he did not know the puppies had died.


He also said that after Fredo gave birth, he did not check on her babies to make sure they were ok.


MRAZ also said the puppies in the freezer had been there since last winter or fall because he hasn't had time to bury them.


He then explained two dogs recently fought with a porcupine, but he thought he got all the quills out.


The deputy learned from the Humane Society later that day Maya had to go to the vet to have the spines removed and an infection treated.


Jack was euthanized due to his medical conditions.


MRAZ was arrested on Tuesday, October 20, and charged with five counts of felony animal cruelty and twenty-six counts of animal neglect, abandonment or mistreatment.


He was released from the Deadwood Jail after posting a $1,000 surety bond.


The deputy recommended the five felony charges in relation to Jack and the four dead puppies in the van.


Rapid City Journal reports that MRAZ was arrested on October 11, on a Meade County warrant for fourth degree/statutory rape and was released from jail after paying a $7,500 surety bond.


The warrant was issued after Mraz was indicted July 20 for having sex with a 13-, 14- or 15-year-old on Oct. 16, 2019, in Meade County.


So, well done judges for letting him out each time!!!


Voice For Us Disclaimer: This story is sourced from official news outlets. Links included.

Details may be removed or additional information may be provided in future should such sources report an update.







 
 
 

Subscribe Form

© 2025 Voice For Us
bottom of page