AALEYAH CLAY and CURTIS SWAN moved out of state leaving their dog tied in the backyard

- New Jersey, USA -

On Friday, November 20, an Associated Humane Societies of New Jersey animal control officer was dispatched to a home on the 300 block of White Street regarding a welfare check for a possibly abandoned dog in need of medical attention.

The officer found a young male Husky tied to a backyard fence who had a severe, infected open wound covering much of his neck.

The officer took the dog to the Newark branch of Associated Humane Societies of New Jersey for treatment.

The case was reported to the Roselle Police Department.

An investigation led by Roselle Detective Ivan Romero revealed that the dog’s guardians, had moved to their new home in Sandy Springs in Georgia on Sunday, November 15.

Two heartless and soulless guardians have been identified as 29-year-old AALEYAH CLAY and 27-year-old CURTIS SWAN.

The couple told a neighbor they would have eventually come back to pick up their dog.

The furbaby’s previous name was Jon Snow is now in the care of the nonprofit Associated Humane Popcorn Park Shelter where staff renamed him Carter.

The nonprofit wrote in a Facebook post that Carter is doing very well and added: “He receives daily laser therapy treatments on his neck wound and is also on medications for pain and infection. He is recovering nicely and is a sweet, happy, friendly dog.”

On Thursday, December 3, acting Union County Prosecutor Lyndsay V. Ruotolo and Roselle Police Chief Brian Barnes jointly announced that SWAN and CLAY are both charged with third-degree causing serious bodily injury to a domesticated animal via neglect, as well as abandonment of a domesticated animal, a disorderly persons offense.

They could each face up to only five years in prison if convicted.

SWAN and CLAY will not be kept in a jail cell tied and chained like they did the innocent dog.

Carter's pictures shared from Associated Humane Popcorn Park Shelter

Story on Voice For Us Facebook page

20 views0 comments